Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Total devastation....

Well Carrie, Guy, and Olivia no longer have a home it is flooded! The house was near the levee that failed and it flooded the whole neighborhood along with most of the New Orleans area. They did not have flood insurance due to it taking 3 months to go into affect and with the storm brewing in the gulf they couldn't get it when they got there renter's insurance. So they now have nothing! They can't go back into the city for about a month from what the news is stating. I don't know what kind of money could be taken up to help them, but maybe we all can think of something to help. I wish that this didn't happen to them or to anyone for that matter. Luckily they still have each other and all of us. I couldn't imagine how it would be to come home and your house be broken into, but you still have most of your stuff. But when a hurricane whips out everything and you have nothing is pretty devastating to say the least. So if you all will keep them in your prayers and thoughts each day it would help a lot. Sorry for the sad blog, but there isn't a topic in the world that would make this any easier.

Love to all of you,

Beth

P.S. I hope that all of your loved ones are okay and not going through this tragedy as well!

Comments:
I knew that New Orleans was hit pretty hard. I had no idea where Carrie and Guy lived. This is devastating. I don't know what I can do to help, but I am willing to do anything that is needed. I am so sorry, this should not happen to anyone. Let me know if I can help.

I love you all,

Jim
 
I was telling Jim that "hopefully" they can get some aid from the state, but I bet that'll take a while. In the mean time, what about opening up an account in their name and people could put contributions in it. Or, just try to email/call every family member we know and see if they could contribute maybe even $5. With just the Berryman's alone this could really help. Heck I guess they could just mail it to you or your Mom. Let me knwo if this is something you guys want to persue and I'll help with the calling/emailing.

Hug her and let her know that we love her (& her family) and we are sooo sorry!

Love - Angie
 
Like I said in the email to you Angie -- I think pride will take over in asking for help, but if we just do it and they don't know about it then they have to accept it RIGHT!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]